As someone who had devoted her life to working with non-profit organizations, Sheila was well-versed in addressing the needs and struggles of a non-profit organization. Her years of experience as a network administrator, computer support technician and an artist had led her to a natural career in website design.
After discussing CEDEJO's current needs and reviewing Sheila's skillset, Sylvia determined that she could best help by increasing CEDEJO's visibility online and by updating their informational material. Sheila offered to volunteer her time toward fulfilling the following needs:
- Designing a new Website for CEDEJO
- Implementing an online donation function on the website
- Training staff on how to update/maintain the website
- Designing an updated Informational Pamphlet (to replace their original from 1986)
- Designing Logos and Headers
- Visiting the CEDEJO clinics & workshops during business hours to take photographs for the new marketing materials (her partner, Kai, who is also a photographer would help with this)
- Editing & providing all photos to CEDEJO for future promotional use
- Creating a Flickr Page
- Creating a Facebook Page
- Creating a Twitter Account
We've been very excited to see the virtual and visual transformation of CEDEJO unfold over the last few months and we're so happy to have Sheila on board as a CEDEJO volunteer. Check out the before and after photos of the CEDEJO website transformation below. What a difference this has made to helping promote CEDEJO's work and mission!